Careers at Stuart W. Johnson & Co., Inc.
Customer Service Representative
While a typical customer service representative acts as a liaison between the customer and the company, this role at SWJ focuses on behind-the-scenes customer service. There will be little customer interaction, however, the role will ensure that our customer service remains at the highest level. The role will also get broad exposure to our organization, which opens the door to advancement in several areas, inside sales, field sales, warehouse operations or finance. Primary responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Partner with inside sales team members to drive profitable growth and ensure customer satisfaction through routine sales order entry and through order inquiries, tracking for example. This position will report to the inside sales manager.
- Partner with the warehouse manager to assist with shipping and general warehouse functions. Those functions may overlap with finance, assisting with cycle counting for example.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Two years customer service or inside sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical, construction or mechanical products or industries preferred.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat (pdf files), networks and the Internet. Sage 100 ERP or like experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, learn from and share knowledge with team members.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written or typed form.
- Attention to detail, technical aptitude and the ability to interpret complex information.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work in stressful situations in order to promote good customer relations both within and outside the company.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Must be creative and willing to adapt to changing business demands and responsibilities.
Robert A. Dillman (262) 501-2461
To download a complete job description, please click here (PDF).
Stuart W. Johnson & Co., Inc. is committed to equal opportunity, which means that no applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.